Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Specialist John Dorman sluonestop





Greetings!
To all my brothers and sisters currently serving in The United States Of America Military & to all who served in the past.
Thank you all for your great contribution to our Nation.
Because of us that America is great today.
In 1973 I firmly believed that one expatriate Lucian could make a difference.
At the tender age of 10 I saw my first movie To Hell And Back by Eddy Murphy I knew then that i was destined to be an American soldiere.
On Jan.15,1973 I proudly joined The U.S Army.For the next six months I would spend time at Fort Dix and Fort Gordon,Fort Sill, Fort Polk and Fort Jackson mastering the skills that would one day save my life on the battle field.

Viet Nam was still very active and the middle East was about to blow up.I knew that i would be heading for combat sooner than expected.A week later the inevitable happened
israel is under attacked President Nixon has now placed all American troops on red alert . That day in question we were all excited packing our duffel bags and waiting for the Presidential order to deploy.What happened next is history.
Since then I have seen Operation Panama,Operation Grenada,Desert Storm.
Ops i forgot to mentioned that I was assigned to the 3rd Army 1/15 Inf.Div.
Remember it was the Third Army that Eddy Murphy was assigned to, it was the Third Army that brought Hitler and Saddam to their knees.....
After 21 years of military service,in 1994 a lucrative military career came to and end.I returned home with medical issues like those that haunted so many brave men who survived combat in Viet Nam,Grenada,The Gulf and elsewhere.After enduring some periods of chronic back pain I filed my claim for service disconnect related to my back injury .My claim was accepted and the Veteran Administration granted me a 10% disability rating owing to the nature of my injury.
I deem this totally inadequate and unacceptable,, annoying to me , is the fact that other Veterans in order States with similar medical conditions receive a much higher ratings.Such disparity must be immediately rectified in order to have a cohesive and reliable administration.
Please don"t let the memory of our heroes fade away ...Please click on link to read more about Specialist Dorman

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/11024/photo15.html
What can I say,or do that in the smallest degree would suffice to show my appreciation for your contribution to our nation,the least we can do is to offer discount rates at our B&B to all Veterans and their family.Our B&B is nestled in paradise Saint Lucia
http://military-discount.blogspot.com/

http://deresident.tripod.com/ Check this link out for Saint Lucia Affordable Accommodation

1 comment:

Specialist John Dorman 3rd Army Inf. Div.Retired said...

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/11024/photo15.html

check out this link to read more about specialist Dorman